2.3 kV - 13.8 kV
150 kW - 6.3 MW
The Power Electronics VS65 medium-voltage starter is the safest and most reliable solution in this respect. It is also completely flexible, thanks to its customized structure of MT cells. Operating at between 2.3kV and 13.8kV, it combines advanced design with hardware that has been thoroughly tested to the strictest IEC standards. It offers top performance in terms of motor control and safety, with fully controlled soft startup and shutdown for any application.
EASY TO OPERATE
Our VS65 starters have been designed and tested under and for the most adverse conditions. They are equipped with a simple and robust interface which allows you to configure even the most advanced control and motor-protection features, thereby ensuring a long service life for your valuable equipment.
Easy to operate
The VS65 is supplied with a clear alphanumeric display screen with membrane keypad, status indicator lights and hard-wearing, customized pushbutton controls for easy intuitive operation.
The starter is divided electrically into four failsafe sections, which keep the medium- and low-voltage zones separate from each other. Fiber-optic communications between the control panel and power stages offer maximum security and immunity from interference.
The VS65 has been designed to the strictest EN and IEC standards to minimize the risks associated with the operation of such medium-voltage electrical equipment.
Reactive compensation cell
· Removable vacuum contactor
· Current-limiting inductance resistors
· Medium-voltage capacitor batteries
Input protection cell
· Medium-voltage fuses
· Removable vacuum contactor
· Earthing (ground) switch
· Commutation cells
· Surge protectors
· Earthed (grounded) line switch
· ITP reports
· FAT (factory acceptance testing)
Maneuverability, monitoring and pushbutton control
· Preconfiguration of digital and analogue I/O signals
· User-interconnection terminals
· Instant-protection earth leakage relays
· Control relays for PTC and PT100 probes
· External power source (UPS, 110Vca, etc.)
· Optional communication protocols (Profibus-DP, Devicenet, Modbus TCP, etc.)
· Control of starter/motor heating elements
Casings and connections
· Power connection via top, side and rear access, with cable or busbar
· Integration and protection of multiple starters in parallel, with general “run busbar” protection
The thirtieth edition of Gastech, the world’s biggest trade event dedicated to the natural gas and liquefied natural gas (LNG) sectors, took place at the Fira de Barcelona exhibition center in Spain on 17-20 September.
Power Electronics has successfully completed commissioning of an XMV660 medium-voltage variable frequency drive, a 630KW unit operating at 3.3KV, in one of the new facilities of the Canal de Isabel II on the town boundary of Villanueva de la Cañada (Madrid).
The unstoppable evolution of renewable energy, together with increases in fuel prices, is encouraging many users to obtain their energy supplies from alternative sources. Isolated pumping stations provide an ideal opportunity to convert to photovoltaic energy, as there is normally more than enough space to install the solar panels required.
We are here to help you
With 24/7 access to our technical assistance.
Please contact us for further help and information.