The founder of Power Electronics, D. Abelardo Salvo, has been distinguished posthumously with the Pare Antoni Distinction of the Ateneo of Musical and Teaching Banda Primitiva of Llíria. The recognition has been collected by his wife Virtudes Lillo in the central act of celebration of the bicentennial of the musical society.
The company has wanted to recognize the ability to work and overcome of the founder of Power Electronics, its willpower and its support for the economic and industrial development of the region, and has highlighted the significant growth of Power Electronics thanks to the courage and strength of its founder and a commercial strategy based on customer service.
In this same edition the Consell Valencià de Cultura, the journalist Ferran Garrido and the director of Clarín Manuel Galduf have also been awarded.
About the Banda Primitiva of Llíria.
The Banda Primitiva of Llíria was founded in 1819 by the Franciscan father Fray Antoni Albarracín Enguídanos and is, without doubt, the oldest civil musical band in Spain. In 1888 it participated for the first time in the Valencia Contest, obtaining the first prize; an award that has reached numerous times throughout its history, being the only group that has won the first prize in three different centuries.
From its beginnings to the present, the Banda Primitiva has performed countless concerts, cultural events, parades, etc. He has acted practically in all Spanish cities and, also, in several European countries, such as Germany, Belgium, France, Holland and Switzerland; from North America, the United States (New York and Los Angeles) and in Asia, China (Beijing and Shanghai).
It has been directed, in addition to its titular directors, by some of the most prestigious European batons such as Sergiu Celibidache, Desirée Dondaine, Odón Alonso, Rafael Früebeck de Burgos, Jan Molenar, Luís Cobos, Manuel Galduf, Jan Cober and Placido Domingo.
Likewise, the music school currently has more than a hundred students who have at their disposal facilities at the forefront of music schools, with an extensive instrumental repository at the service of students’ needs. It also has a permanent teaching staff, which collaborates with the best orchestras and conservatories throughout the country.