POWER ELECTRONICS RELEASES SAND STORM PROOF OUTDOOR XMV660 MEDIUM VOLTAGE VARIABLE SPEED DRIVE.
Power Electronics release its ultimate XMV660 OUTDOOR medium voltage variable speed drive. The most innovative, reliable and long lasting IP55/NEMA 3R outdoor medium voltage AC drive ready for 24/7 operation with very reduce maintenance under the most demanding desert conditions.
XMV660 topology goes one step further in achieving high performance by implementing proven low voltage technology within a modular and reliable configuration. An input phase shift transformer powers low voltage cells that are combined in series producing a quasi–sinusoidal current and voltage output wave with a reduced dV/dt and THDi level.
This leading topology has been integrated in a truly outdoor enclosure. A system born to run under the most demanding conditions with dust, moisture or ice. Extreme conditions that are popular in Oil&Gas, Power Generation and water applications. A highly globalized market is demanding reliable, safe and efficient solutions to reduce the OPEX and CAPEX in new facilities, and XMV660 Outdoor MV VSD links all these entire concepts by providing substantial savings on:
- CAPEX (Construction and Civil Works): Multi-MW AC drives have an important foot print that push designers and constructors to build impressive technical rooms. The civil works in remote locations represent an important investment that the outdoor XMV660 reduces to the minimum.
- OPEX (Maintenance and HVAC): The AC drives dissipates in heat between 2% to 4% of the power converted, this means that the HVAC systems for e-houses can represent a high percentage of the electrical operating cost of the facility. The XMV660 Outdoor is ready to exchange the heat with the surrounding air of up to 50°C, being the smarter and the most cost-effective solution.
Fig1: CAPEX and OPEX comparison between Indoor and Outdoor MV VSDs
The outdoors market is growing at a high rate and XMV660 Outdoor is attracting the attention of leading companies from Oil & Gas, Power Generation and Water applications due to its rugged construction:
- Inox Enclosure - that ensures cabinet longevity under the most demanding conditions.
- Mineral Isolation - that reduces solar heat gains and ensures trouble free operations.
- Non-stop innovative Cooling – Smart and Reliable cyclone air filtering that allows the unit to withstand Sand Storm and Extreme Environments.
- Redundancy – Power cells and cooling redundancy reduce the cost associated to a non scheduled production stop.
Power Electronics provides innovative solutions and best-in-class worldwide service, an undoubtedly good concept combination that ensures long term relationships with our clients.